Tech | Data Scientist (x/f/m)
Take the opportunity to design and shape the law firm of the future and be a part of the AI revolution in Legal Tech.
Hopkins is a legal technology company and law firm specialized on processing consumer claims at scale. Founded in 2019 by lawyer and engineer Arend Liese, Hopkins rethinks the principles of legal execution from the ground up - with a strong focus on software, data, and interdisciplinary collaboration between engineers, lawyers, and legal strategists. Hopkins aims to create the law firm of the future, facilitating an impact both on social structures as well as on individuals. Currently, Hopkins focuses on building software to automate legal processes in a law firm. We also design case outcome prediction models, strategies and tools to help Hopkins' lawyers achieve superior results on a regular basis.
- You lead the industry of law into the 21st century and you are part of the process to digitize and automate legal processes, helping to guide the evolution of new social structures
- Our products include a full-fledged law firm software, analytics solutions and algorithms to predict case outcomes
- You play a crucial role in designing and implementing Machine-Learning solutions for automating tasks and leveraging Hopkin's efficiency
- You will create models to discover patterns in heterogeneous data and guide the team through your modelling choices
- You introduce your own ideas and approaches and take responsibility and ownership for products and product parts
(1) In general:
- You have extensive experience with Python
- You are familiar with data-science libraries such as numpy, pandas and sklearn and the deep-learning frameworks Tensorflow or/and Pytorch
- You gained expertise in the implementation of machine learning models (Docker, Mongo Hooks) and you have worked with cloud environments, such as AWS
(2) In addition:
We are looking for someone who has the following specializations:
- Natural Language Processing: You are up to date with the State of the Art in NLP and libraries such as transformers or spacy. You have experience with BERT use-cases, text summarizations, question answering or text production
- Process Mining: You have experience in process optimisation, ideally by means of Artificial Neural Networks
- Statistical Modeling: Your mathematical knowledge goes beyond a basic understanding of a machine-learning model. You feel comfortable with statistical concepts and methods (ideally on an academic level)
- Bias & Fairness: You have theoretical or practical knowledge of fairness metrics and bias mitigation in Artificial Neural Networks
Most of all, you are motivated and passionate about technological innovation and building something wonderful!
- Take the opportunity to design and shape the law firm of the future and be a part of the AI revolution in Legal Tech
- Work in interdisciplinary projects directly with our founders, stakeholders and lawyers in a low hierarchy environment
- Join an inspiring team with a passion for working on big challenges from diverse cultural, professional and academic backgrounds
- Work flexibly from where you are most productive - be it at home or in our modern and ergonomic Berlin office with free drinks, fresh fruit, muesli and co.
- We also organize regular team events